*CERTAIN POSTS WITHIN THIS BLOG INCLUDE CONTENT ONLY SUITABLE FOR ADULTS.* [This notification required by Google]

Thursday

It's A Puzzle To Me


     Well, Sunday night's Service of Wholeness has come and gone. It was a wonderful experience… and has moved my healing process forward. I am so grateful for all who had a part in creating that service. But I guess I thought I would recognize differences in my life after Sunday. 
     Symbolically, I did leave burdens of abuse at the cross, and that is a big relief to me. Yet now, more than stepping out in faith, I feel myself withdrawing. It's almost like I am moving away from others before they can turn away from me. I was nervous about others knowing what happened to me, but no one has reacted in a negative way. Those who were at the service were very supportive. Of course there are still many who don't know. And it is not my intent to loudly proclaim the story to the world.
     I really don't understand why I just feel quiet, and want to be alone. Normally, I try to seek out others for company… but I just feel quiet. I think now that I am not holding onto secrets, I don't know what to do with myself. Maybe it will take a little while to adjust and move on. Maybe my head and heart need time to catch up with each other. And maybe I need to talk to someone about this sad quiet feeling I am experiencing. Why can't this be a simple transition?? It's a puzzle to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes things take awhile. Like your pastor said healing can take awhile. For me, I'm not used to being open with others, especially face to face communication. I've always held so much inside all my life. Maybe since you've held this for so long, maybe you're not used to it being out in the open now and maybe that's why you feel this way. Mabe you need time to adjust, like you've already said. And yes, maybe talking about your feelings will be helpful. Since your secrets out, let your feelings out. Let it all out. You have the support. Let it go!

ELHG said...

Thank you for your comments. It's always so good to hear from others who may have their own abuse issues. Those are the folks whose perspective is closest to my own. I appreciate the support of someone named Anonymous.

Anonymous said...

I was a victim. If I comment on any more posts, I'll go by the name Morado... Spanish for purple (my favorite color).

ELHG said...

Morado... you are most welcome. Please do read and comment. I am glad to meet others of similar circumstances.

BIBLE VERSES TO HELP ME___________________________________

Psalms 37:40—"And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him."

Jeremiah 23:1-4—"Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture" declares the Lord. Therefore thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, concerning the shepherds who care for my people: "You have scattered my flock and have driven them away, , and you have not attended to them. Behold, I will attend to you for your evil deeds," declares the Lord. "Then I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all the countries where I have driven them, and I will bring them back to their fold, and they shall be fruitful and multiply. I will set shepherds over them who will care for them, and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall any be missing," declares the Lord.

MORE_____________________________________________________

FURTHER READING ON THE WEB [click here]_______________

RELATED VIDEOS ON THE WEB [click here]_________________

HELPFUL WEBSITES [click here]__________________________

HELPFUL BOOKS [click here]_____________________________

DEVOTIONS AND MEDITATIONS [click here]_________________

_______________________________________________________________________

UNFINISHED MELODY

Someday, Lord I pray,
there will be a place for me,
where ears take time to listen,
where eyes take time to see.
A place where I can laugh and cry
and know that I belong.
Someday, that's where
I will sing my song.

And someday, Lord I pray, in a place......
_______________________________________________________________________

SERMONS

The Power of Pentecost
This sermon helped me so much... and gave me the push I needed to begin the healing process in earnest. Thank you to the minister who wasn't afraid to preach it!
______________________________________________________________________

Looking Forward In Faith
[part 1]


[part 2]

During a recent Sunday morning worship service I was blessed to hear a sermon that spoke to my heart, and reminded me that I am forgiven. I will cling to these words as I continue to move from victim to survivor to thriver.
______________________________________________________________________

Oh, For the Wings of a Dove

[Mendelssohn]
Oh, for the wings,
for the wings of a dove,
Far away,
far away would I rove!
Oh, for the wings,
for the wings of a dove,
Far away,
far away, far away,
far away would I rove!

In the wilderness
build me a nest,
And remain there
forever at rest
In the wilderness
build me, build me a nest,
And remain
there forever at rest