*CERTAIN POSTS WITHIN THIS BLOG INCLUDE CONTENT ONLY SUITABLE FOR ADULTS.* [This notification required by Google]

Sunday

Do You Do It?

     It was summer time, and like a number of summers before, my husband and I were spending part of our teaching break in Imperial Beach, California, at the Seacoast Inn. The day was perfect, and even though J___ and I were enjoying our time in different ways [he was taking a walk along the shoreline and I was stretched out, working on my "tan"] we were loving our time in one of our favorite places. 
     Of course, this was also the time of year that G___ and E___ spent time at the shore. Our units were right next to each other… we shared the deck for meals and conversation. J___ and I being there helped them in so many ways. It was hard not to be together most of the time. I don't remember where his wife had gone this afternoon, but it left only E___ and myself to hold down the fort, so to speak.
     He sat on the deck in his wheel chair, under the large umbrella. I was sunning in a chair nearby. At first he didn't say anything, but I could tell he was watching me. I'm convinced he was always working on provocative comments to start the conversation when no one else was around. And today was no different. 
     He cleared his throat. "Tell me, dear," he said, "do you do it?" 
     I looked at him. "Do what?" I asked. 
     "You know," he answered, wiggling his hips in the chair. "Do it.., masturbate…" He gave a little chuckle. "Do you? I do." 
     I didn't answer him. I tried to pretend I was dozing off. 
     "Well?" he persisted. "Do you?" 
     I gave him an impatient look. This was not a subject I wanted to pursue.
      "Ah…" he said. "I thought so. Now… tonight when you shower, I want you to do it… and think of me." 
     Well that was it as far as sunning myself. I got up and went back inside. He sure knew when and how to ruin a beautiful afternoon!

NOTE: This is abuse... sort of like a brain washing technique... And once he would insert that kind of idea into my head, it was really hard not to think of his suggestive comments when I was in the shower. He actually controlled my thoughts! That's pretty scary...

No comments:

BIBLE VERSES TO HELP ME___________________________________

Psalms 37:40—"And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him."

Jeremiah 23:1-4—"Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture" declares the Lord. Therefore thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, concerning the shepherds who care for my people: "You have scattered my flock and have driven them away, , and you have not attended to them. Behold, I will attend to you for your evil deeds," declares the Lord. "Then I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all the countries where I have driven them, and I will bring them back to their fold, and they shall be fruitful and multiply. I will set shepherds over them who will care for them, and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall any be missing," declares the Lord.

MORE_____________________________________________________

FURTHER READING ON THE WEB [click here]_______________

RELATED VIDEOS ON THE WEB [click here]_________________

HELPFUL WEBSITES [click here]__________________________

HELPFUL BOOKS [click here]_____________________________

DEVOTIONS AND MEDITATIONS [click here]_________________

_______________________________________________________________________

UNFINISHED MELODY

Someday, Lord I pray,
there will be a place for me,
where ears take time to listen,
where eyes take time to see.
A place where I can laugh and cry
and know that I belong.
Someday, that's where
I will sing my song.

And someday, Lord I pray, in a place......
_______________________________________________________________________

SERMONS

The Power of Pentecost
This sermon helped me so much... and gave me the push I needed to begin the healing process in earnest. Thank you to the minister who wasn't afraid to preach it!
______________________________________________________________________

Looking Forward In Faith
[part 1]


[part 2]

During a recent Sunday morning worship service I was blessed to hear a sermon that spoke to my heart, and reminded me that I am forgiven. I will cling to these words as I continue to move from victim to survivor to thriver.
______________________________________________________________________

Oh, For the Wings of a Dove

[Mendelssohn]
Oh, for the wings,
for the wings of a dove,
Far away,
far away would I rove!
Oh, for the wings,
for the wings of a dove,
Far away,
far away, far away,
far away would I rove!

In the wilderness
build me a nest,
And remain there
forever at rest
In the wilderness
build me, build me a nest,
And remain
there forever at rest